Brief in English - Vivaldi 335
Vivaldi 335 Competition is the IV th edition directed to the young violin players. The Competition always takes place in very charming Wieliczka City. The patron of the Competition is a famous violinist and composer Antonio Vivaldi whose violin concerts by students are very popular. Every year the name of the Competition is connected with the birth anniversary of maestro Vivaldi.
Coming Vivaldi 335 Violin Competition became the area of confrontation of various experiences of teachers from all Europe. We hope this 2 nd international edition of the Competition give participants possibility to create new, interesting friendships.
The main purposes of the Competition are: development of playing the violin by students from the very beginning of their music education, awakening musical activity in children and presentation by young musicians their artistic achievements, promotion of Vivaldi music, advertisement of a method of violin play, observing of how this teaching method works and getting to know different cultures.
Organizing Vivaldi 335 International Violin Competition we would like to give a possibility to board performer and methodical repertoire and encourage students and their teachers to get to know the new musical editions. This year every participant is obliged to perform a miniature written by a composer coming from the country of participant.
Vivaldi 335 International Violin Competition is organized by I st degree Musical School in Wieliczka. We would like to present this amazing city to the young players again and give an opportunity to perform in the beautiful hall of the Salt works Castle. The musicians will have an occasion to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine which is one of the greatest cultural heritage in the world.
We do hope that the time of musical competition full of Vivaldi’s music and enriched of various European compositions will shine like salt crystals in the corridors of Wieliczka Salt Mine.
“VIVALDI 335” INTERNATIONAL VIOLIN COMPETITION
2. Auditions will take place from April 10 to April 13, 2011 in Gothic Hall of Wieliczka Salt Castle, 8 Zamkowa Street.
3. The Competition will be divided to three age groups:
4. Auditions for the I st group are organized in one stage. Auditions for the II nd group are in two stages.
5. The composition of the jury is proposed by organizers and decided by Director of the Art Education Center.
6. Regulations referring to grades, diplomas and awards are decided by the Jury.
7. The Jury's decisions are final and irrevocable.
8. Grand Prix will be given by the Jury for the student chosen from all participants of the 2nd Stage.
9. It is forbidden to take part in the Competition for a Grand Prix and 1 st Awards Winners of previous editions of the Competition. The Winners of previous editions of younger age groups are possible to take part in older age groups.
10. Awards and confirmations will be given in each age group.
11. Participants will play in alphabetical order, starting from participant chosen randomly.
12. All the pieces have to be performed by heart.
13. Auditions will be closed by Concert of Laureates, where diplomas and awards will be given.
14. Awarded participants and accompanists have to take part in the Concert of Laureates, obligatorily.
15. On the Final Concert Grand Prix Laureates and I st Awards Winners of the II nd and III rd age groups, perform Antonio Vivaldi's Concertos with the chamber orchestra accompaniment.
16. Application forms should be sent till March 8, 2013 by e-mail (Microsoft Word Document), along with form sheets that can be found on www.smuzwieliczka.edu.pl with “Vivaldi 335” annotation. e-mail address: email@example.com
17. Pay Registration is 100 PLN and should be paid till March 8, 2013, on account:
18. In case of resignation of a participant the Pay Registration will be not returned.
19. Confirmation of Pay Registration should be sent with Application by e-mail, form till March 8, 2013.
20. List of the participations will be announced on www.smuzwieliczka.edu.pl after March 18, 2013.
21. Participants cover costs of the journey, food and accommodation.
22. The organizers of the Competition provide accompaniment for participants from abroad. Participations are obliged to send the scores with Registration form.
23. The organizers of the Competition are authorized to record, acoustically and optically, all concerts and auditions and to use these recordings for public purposes.
1. To choose I st or III rd part of the concert from:
It is possible to perform another Vivaldi's concert, if it has the same or higher degree of difficulty.
2. For free choice of miniature accompanied by piano, without a cycles pieces.
I st Stage
1. For free choice study.
II nd Stage
To choose I st or III rd part of the concert from:
III rd GROUP
I st Stage
1. For free choice of double tone study.